- Do not ever enable anybody to own over the top of one or park on it.
- Don't plant anything over or near the system. Plant life over the top should be limited to yard just due to the fact that roots can damage the lines.
- Do not develop anything over the top of the septic system. Swimming pools, gazebos, patio areas, and other structures can impact how well the system works and the sheer weight can squash parts. See new septic tank installation in Atlanta, GA homes.
- Do not permit anyone to flush anything other than waste and bathroom tissue. Things like grease, sanitary napkins, diapers, and wipes will all obstruct the system. Chemicals and anti-bacterial soaps are also bad for the system, as they can kill off the germs that your system needs in order to work effectively.
- Monitor your water use and split up jobs that produce a great deal of wastewater. Whenever possible, utilize appliances and components that are designed to minimize water usage and spread huge jobs like laundry over the course of the week. If your system is hit with a lot of wastewater at once, it may not be able to handle it. Even leaking faucets contribute to the wastewater, so those need to be kept track of and repaired quickly.
- Do not utilize ingredients in your system. There are lots of septic tank care additives available on the marketplace. Several of them include chemicals that can really damage the system. Others have bacteria to help "break down the waste." There is no proof that any of them help at all.
- Screen your system for issues. Focus for things like slow drains pipes and toilets, stopped up drains, backups, and standing water. If you notice these issues, call Atlanta Septic Tank Pros right away.
- Arrange regular maintenance and examinations. Georgia has strict requirements on when, h ow, and by whom service might be performed. As a basic guideline, an inspection and pumping need to be arranged every 3-5 years, but if your home has a garbage disposal or other comparable appliances, yearly pumping may be necessary.
Professional Septic Tank Care.
If you require any sort of expert septic tank care, including installation, maintenance, pumping, emergency situation repairs, or an assessment, contact Atlanta Septic Tank Pros. Our partner service technicians are devoted to carrying out quality work and providing the very best customer care possible. Call (404) 998-8812 today.